Horses, like dogs, are a great companion and loyal pet animal for humans. They are much more powerful compared to a lot other four-legged pets. Horses were mainly used for transportation and for wars decades ago. Being powerful and having great stamina help them travel long distances without issues also even after a long commute they can sleep while standing as they always keep standing.
Horses with some amazing qualities have a great physical appearance which is why a lot of humans are attracted towards these beautiful and adorable creatures. A lot of people like to have them as a pet and are attached to them. There are a lot of reasons to have a pet horse, but here are some of the most common reasons:
- Smart and emotional: Some of us might have heard about the stories where horses have saved someone’s life. It’s not only their adorable physique but also their smartness, loyalty and love towards their owner which makes them a great pet. People love spending a lot of time with their horse and horses do love spending time with their human friends too.
- Nature and Fitness: If you are in love with nature then Horses will be the best option for you as a pet. You can be fit, enjoy nature and explore new places all at the same time while enjoying a horse ride. Horse riding is supposed to be the best way to keep healthy and fit and a great outdoor activity.
- Easy maintenance: A lot of people think horses are hard to look after but instead they are easy with maintenance compared to a few other pets. It does need a big commitment having a pet horse but feeding them or making a comfortable shelter available for them is not that tough.
- Social and fun loving : Keeping a horse keeps you social as there’s a large and broad community of horse owners, you can enjoy horse riding, looking after or even competitions and being social. Horses also are fun loving, very active and playful.
- Longer life: Horses have a longer life than some of the other pets, while an average life of a horse is 25-30 years, it may vary for some of the other breeds. Their longer life gives owners a better chance to develop the bond with their pet horse.
Just like humans, horses have different personalities. Every single horse has a discrete personality and the other one. They do have some characteristics or values like fearlessness, aggressiveness, challenging etc. Each of these characteristics differs with the quality in them which makes every individual horse unlike any other. It’s important to think about all these values before you make a decision on what breed/horse you choose to be your family.